From Castlevania Wiki - Forbidden Library
|Appearance(s)|| 1792:Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Retelling:Castlevania: Dracula X
|Role(s)||Love interest, Damsel in Distress|
|Weapon of Choice|
|Music Theme(s)||Annette's Fate|
Annette is the fiancée of Richter Belmont and one of the maidens he has to rescue during the events of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. In the retelling, Castlevania: Dracula X, and Rondo's remake, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, she may be fought as a boss if she isn't saved. Annette is kind, strong-willed, and has a pleasant personality.
Events of Rondo of Blood
After Dracula's resurrection, he ordered an assault on the village where Annette lived. She tried to flee from Dracula's minions, but was soon surrounded. Shaft appeared and was about to turn Annette into one of Dracula's brides when Dracula suddenly materialized and told him to stop. He sensed Annette's connection to the Belmonts and had a plan for her. He ordered his minions to capture her along with other local village girls and imprisoned them in several locations surrounding the castle. Annette was locked away in the clocktower where Dracula could keep an eye on her.
When her cell opened for the first time, it was Dracula who entered. He complemented Annette on her beauty and stated he would enjoy biting her neck, but Annette demanded he stay away. Dracula offered her a place at his side, but she raised a knife and threatened to kill herself. Shaft appeared in the doorway and reported that a suspicious person was making his way through the castle.
After Dracula left, Annette begged Richter to save her, which he eventually did by locating the key to her cell in an eagle's nest. She pleaded with Richter not to go forward and challenge Dracula, but he didn't listen and told her to go back to the village. After Dracula was defeated, Annette and Richter were reunited once again, and they eventually settled down.
In both Dracula X and the Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, she is fought as a boss if the player isn't able to save her. In Dracula X, she appears on her knees in front of the clocktower and a giant skull will appear and possess her. She will turn into the Skull Sorceress who has similarities to Carmilla's look and Shaft's attack pattern. In Dracula X Chronicles, if Richter and Maria reach the clocktower's top without saving her, she will appear looking severely weakened. She will ask why it took so long so save her, however, all this is a ruse. She becomes L. Vampire, and her appearance then begins to resemble a Succubus. She uses a crowd of bats to attack and protect herself.
- In Rondo's localization, Dracula X and also in the English translation of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, she is stated to be Maria Renard's older sister. (In these games, she has the surname Renard).
- This is probably because Maria refers to Annette in Rondo as onee-chan. This term literally mean 'older sister', but is also used by children and teenagers to address a woman older than themselves if her name is not known to them yet.
- In Dracula X, her name is misspelled as Annet instead of Annette.
- In Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, instead of being in the room where she was in Rondo of Blood, she is in a hidden room under a gear, this room only can be accessed by pushing the switches behind Crystal/Blood Bones barriers (making it obligatory to save Iris and Tera in order to kill Dracula and get the best ending). In the room where she used to be is a blond Laura wearing a green dress.
- Annette's Blood Type is O.
- Annette's voice actresses are Atsuko Honda and Sayaka Ohara.