Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: Castlevania Indie Game project - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Castlevania Indie Game project Curse of the Bastards!

#1 User is offline   Lemon_Kent 

• Peasant
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hey guys! :D

First of all, HI! My name is Kent, I'm an indie game developer who's just about starting to dare a little. As my first project I thought I'd make a platformer game based on a couple of my favorite games of the gender! The idea is basically making a cross-breed of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Megaman X6, with a few influences of other games I love!~

The game's story and lore will have little to do with Castlevania's (I'm pretty much trying to run away from what's CORE in Castlevania so that I can throw in easter eggs instead of taking the risk of making something too similar. The game's still supposed to feel and look original despite the influence!

I wanted to share with you guys some thought on the game, and maybe find better ways to develop it, coming from a community that's basically 100% formed by fans of Castlevania! :D

Let me know what you guys think!

You can see it with a little more detail and insight in the Tumblr of the game! The production is in early stages, so maybe if I mess something up I can count on feedback to make it better!

The characters (Early concepts, passive of changes)

Posted Image

A simple mockup of an area of the castle based on SotN's first stage~
Posted Image

The game's not going to have equips, but I'll make an upgrade system! (This part is based on Megaman X6 as mentioned!)
Posted Image

And preview of the Portraits of a couple of key characters (read: Bosses with who you have dialog):
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Hi Kent! Welcome to the Anti-Chapel! :D

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about making games, so I don't think I could help out a whole lot.
But I checked out the Tumblr you posted. It looks pretty nice to me! I especially like the character artwork and the portraits.

Welcome to the Anti-Chapel! :D

#3 User is offline   darkmanx_429 

• Peasant
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

If this artwork matches your mockup on this game, then this will be something special!

I would love to see some video of the game in action!
My Website
Creator & Producer
Posted Image
Bachelor of Science Video Game Art and Design

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users