Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: so i just finished symphony of the night ^^ - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so i just finished symphony of the night ^^

#1 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLost in the maze garden

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

i actually finished it yesterday... or last night. anyway. im just going to post about what i thought about the game and all that other uninteresting stuff because im boring like that.

when i started the game it was after i finished rondo of blood the 2.5D remake so i knew where sotn was starting.

just so i can MAYBE make a post thats not jumbled... i started playing castlevania on N64 then i played the first castlevania and then rondo of blood, super castlevania IV and some of bloodlines. so when i started symphony of the night it was a interesting change. the open castle, the level ups and different items. i have a feeling i wasnt really playing the game right though.

i didnt even know about familairs tell i was in inverted castle and probably 10 or 12 hours into the game :x i never changed my weapon from the starphail.. or whatever its called tell i got the alucard sword. i did change cloaks a lot and armor. i rarely used my shield to block because it felt clunky and a million times easyer to just jump over projectiles.

when i do play through the game again i might try to experiment more.

when i first started the game i let my RPG instinked take over and i grinded ... lol GROUND to level 5 before death stole all my stuff like a meanie. i think i was level 8 or 9 before i got to the first boss.

after the first boss i really started noticing the openness of the castle and how neat it was. a lot of the backgrounds are really cool and the music is very VERY good (where is bloody tears?)

i pretty much got lost... running around and just killing stuff.

in case other people havent finished the game yet there might be spoilers. but im going to talk about my derp moments! =D

this one is one my sister had to help me with even though it should have been obvious.

at level 15 i was in the long library and ran out of place to go. then my sister told me what was in front of my face all along. the potion you need to buy to open the sealed doors ~.~

the next derp moment came in the long library again. it was right in front of my face again and it made me feel really dumb. i had no idea that the save room had another exit even though you could plainly see it. after that everything finally started making sense.

i got the bad ending by killing richter and i knew it was bad because i already heard about the reverse castle so i went hunting again and when i finally got to the reverse castle.. wow. it was much better then i thought it would be. it took me a while to realize how to get where i needed to go. i also think that the abandoned mines has the creepyest feel of all the areas and it has a lot to do with the music.

i suppose the gas cloud is worth the pain in the bum boss that guards it. he has to be the hardest boss in the game for me. he gave me no experience when he died :x

anyway i spent time grinding the big gold nights outside the clock room till i got level 62. i finished the game in 16 hours. i also died on the boss fight with maria the first time :x

agh. this post is just as jumbled as my others. anyway i like the game. i can see why people have it on favorites lists.

i do have a question though. my sister has the playstation version and i killed drac on that. whats with the end credits song on that? it sounds nothing like a fitting castlevania end song. its way to poppy... i mean it might be a good song on its own. but if i had heard that on the psp version after spending all that time finishing the game i might have been super annoyed.

does the song grow on you?

i think my finished percentage was 186. something
Lord have mercy

#2 User is offline   Ciel 

• Holy Knight

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

the ending song of sotn is notoriously mismatched

#3 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Oh good, so i'm not the only one who finds it actually probably throws off the mood your supposed to be in when you finish the game xD
Lord have mercy

#4 User is offline   CVfan13 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm probably the only dork who actually likes "I Am The Wind." :P Sure, it's corny and not particularly fitting, but I always find myself getting nostalgic and a little teary-eyed (ok, exaggeration) whenever I hear it during those end credits...

But wow, you really got intense with SoTN! I usually don't go that far with leveling and exploration when I play it these days.

#5 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

it was fun exploring around yes! =D i guess in a way i was worried i would get to old drac and get my bum kicked by lack of levels. he did kill me the first fight but 2nd time was the charm. i found the ending touching =D

maria also kicked my bum the first time lol
Lord have mercy

#6 User is offline   Alucard Farenheit Tepes 

• Peasant

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

View PostJehanneTheVampireSlayer, on 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Oh good, so i'm not the only one who finds it actually probably throws off the mood your supposed to be in when you finish the game xD

Typical, very typical. I hate the ending song in SOTN. It is not the song I want to hear when a game ends after a few days beating the game. So this song is what you get after playing the game for days. A freakin annoying song that is like screeching?! I prefer something better

#7 User is offline   Alucard Farenheit Tepes 

• Peasant

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

View PostJehanneTheVampireSlayer, on 22 September 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

it was fun exploring around yes! =D i guess in a way i was worried i would get to old drac and get my bum kicked by lack of levels. he did kill me the first fight but 2nd time was the charm. i found the ending touching =D

maria also kicked my bum the first time lol

Were you playing the Saturn, Xbox 360 or PSX because I played the PS1 version and it was hard

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users