Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: Hello fellow Demon Castle fans! ^^' - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello fellow Demon Castle fans! ^^'

#16 User is offline   Mercurius 

• VAMPIRE KILLER
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHonduras

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

welcome to the forums :)
It's charming to see such enthusiastm for CV
Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

#17 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric
  • LocationLost in the maze garden

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

thank you! ^^ i am having a great time!

i was suprised not to see very many castlevania fan websites :x but i am happy i found this one ^^
Lord have mercy

#18 User is offline   Mercurius 

• VAMPIRE KILLER
  • LocationHonduras

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm glad you found The Chapel. It used to be more lively :P
Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

#19 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

what happened? :x
Lord have mercy

#20 User is offline   Raven-kun 

• Vampire Hunter
  • Location暗い海の底・・・

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

People have just been very disappointed with the direction Castlevania took and they stopped posting about it ^^; I think most everyone got tired of Castlevania after a while with so many mediocre releases in a row and the current staff being all "We don't care what you think, we're going to go George Lucas on you and do things our way!" Fans didn't see Castlevania getting any better and there was nothing to do except lament about the most recent titles... There isn't really a whole lot left to say about the older legendary titles that hasn't already been said, hahahaha B)

I remember a lot of members having pretty awesome visions of the ideal next gen Castlevania they would like to see, I would have loved to see some of those games actually come to fruition.

The weird thing was, no one really seemed to have a good direction for Castlevania to go except the fans of the series who really got what the games were all about, but those weren't the people making the games, unfortunately... Maybe in the future someone here will join the staff and actually be able to make the Castlevania game we've all been waiting for~ That would be pretty awesome ^_____^
悲しみが君だけをxxxxBLUEに変えた・・・

#21 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

oh ^^ that makes sense

i am just curious what games have been coming out that are not very good? i do not have any new ones. newest one i have is dracula x chronicles and the newest in age i have is probably legacy of darkness :x that game is older then i am
Lord have mercy

#22 User is offline   Raven-kun 

• Vampire Hunter
  • Location暗い海の底・・・

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Personally, it's been quite a while since I've been seriously WOW'd by a Castlevania game, but I think most people have been largely unimpressed ever since the release of Dawn of Sorrow. Lament of Innocence was pretty hit or miss, but they had decent reviews from fans. Most of the complaints I heard were from the level designs for the PS2 installments, though most people liked the music and didn't have major problems with the stories. Nobody liked the characters from Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, thinking that the former presented hollow and annoying representations of characters we already knew from a previous game. I personally didn't mind the characters, but I thought the plot was overall silly and contrite because things wrapped up nicely in the end of Aria of Sorrow. I also disliked having to draw the seals. I actually liked Portrait of Ruin, but I could see how people where annoyed by Charlotte and Jonathon's personalities. I didn't particularly care for Order of Ecclesia all that much, though fans of the series were more attracted to that one. I did like Shanoa's character, though. Judgement wasn't *really* a Castlevania game, as much as it was Death Note characters cosplaying as Castlevania characters and fighting each other. I enjoyed it for what it was, and I really liked the music, even if it was all just trying to squeeze more money out of the franchise. I also thought the backgrounds were cool and I enjoyed the gimmicks. Lords of Shadow has been pretty pummeled lately so I don't have much to say about it and I haven't played the 3DS installment for more than 10 minutes yet, but I enjoyed what I played so far. Everyone seemed to like the PSP Castlevania game which you are playing now, and I'm assuming people liked Castlevania Chronicles for the Playstation. I really enjoyed that one a lot.

I guess there was Harmony of Despair but I've never played it. It didn't look particularly interesting and no one seemed to like it. Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night was a shameless hack of Symphony of the night were you destroy Dracula and his minions of terror in a game of life-or-death Bejeweled, though it was kind of fun. I cleared it 2 times and I play it when I'm bored and waiting for the bus.

There was an arcade game that was released in Japan that I played all the way through and in my opinion, that was the best Castlevania in I don't know how long. Man that game was fun!!! I'm just praying it gets ported to the PS4 because I loved that game so much and I was sad when it disappeared and I couldn't find it anymore... Your arm gets tired from all that whipping though, so you really feel like a Belmont by the end of it d(^___^b
悲しみが君だけをxxxxBLUEに変えた・・・

#23 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

interesting read ^^ i have heard a lot of people say OoE is the best castlevania game in a long time. my step sister seems to think so but i have not played it yet ;o
Lord have mercy

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users