Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: Hello fellow Demon Castle fans! ^^' - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello fellow Demon Castle fans! ^^'

#1 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLost in the maze garden

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

i am not very good at making topics about myself but i will try and hopefully it wont be really boring or anything.

back in 2008 my step sister gave me her old game consoles with a bunch of games on them. they are a nintendo 64 and a super nintendo. before i got these i just have a play station 2 and a nintendo game cube. the super nintendo and the nintendo 64 both came with lots of games. some of the games are castlevania ones!
on snes there is super castlevania iv and dracula X and on n64 there is castlevania and another one called legacy of darkness.

i never had played castlevania before but i played castlevania on n64 first and it took me a long time to finish it i played both on snes after and only finished super castlevania iv 2 years ago it took me so long because i was really young when i first started playing it. i am almost done with legacy of darkness and today i got castlevania dracula x chronicles in the letter box for my psp that my step sister got me for my birthday this year =D

i am trying to finish stage 4. :x

my psp is silver with sparkles on it and it came with a game called dexter i have never really finished. my sister got me a game for it the same day she got the system called Jeanne D'Arc mainly because my dad named me after her and its a really fun game i am playing through it a second time :x

so i dont have a lot of the games you guys have or finished very many but i really love it for some reason. they are hard but not in a really bad way.

oh i also have the first castlevania but its on game boy advanced ^^ i am stuck on the stage that has death as the boss. i either die right before i get to him on my last life or he kills me. those stairs at the beginning are so unfair!

so um yeah i know this is a bad post. i joined another forums called inverted dungeon but i decided to join this one to since the other one is only partly about castlevania and i like how every one here is castlevania fans

so yeah. hi! =D
Lord have mercy

#2 User is offline   Raven-kun 

• Vampire Hunter
  • Location暗い海の底・・・

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Howdy! Yeah, Death can be a beast in the original Castlevania game... Personally, I always thought Death and Frankenstein's Monster were harder than Dracula... Hahahaha

It took me forever to beat the first Castlevania 64, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad, other than the Battle Tower, which was just unfair... I'm glad they spruced it up for Legacy of Darkness (The N64 Castlevania games were my favorites, I wrote a very lengthy analysis of both of them for the main site)

Welcome to the forums! =-D
悲しみが君だけをxxxxBLUEに変えた・・・

#3 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

yay! more castlevania 64 fans! =D it might be because its the first castlevania i played but i think i would like them anyway. i have not finished legacy of darkness yet but it is improved the camera does not seem as annoying.

my sister helped me unlock the original rondo of blood today on my psp. i found symphony of the night by accident. the bull was chasing me and i fell in the crack and was so happy when i did not die o.o

my step sister (i always call her my sister) says stage 5 in castlevania is harder then stage 6 :x

i will look for what you wrote it sounds fun to read ^^
Lord have mercy

#4 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the Chapel! :D

That was really sweet of your step sister! Those games are AWESOME! And Dracula X Chronicles is a real treat! The game itself is fun, looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, and plays fluently. Having Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night as unlockables makes it incredibly enjoyable.

Also, you should look out for the two Castlevania games on the PS2, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. I got them both at a flea market myself, and they're great fun!

Also, after you beat Super Castlevania 4, wait after the credits and the game will start over, but on Hard mode. I love this game, and I enjoyed playing through it on Hard mode as well.

Welcome to the forums! ^^

#5 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

i saw lament of innocents on PSP from PS2 classics for really cheap :o think it is worth it to get it on there? i have a ps2 as well and it is my favourite console i think

raven-kun i really liked your article on the castlevania 64 games ^^

i am now on stage 6 of rondo of blood. three bosses in a row.. mean mummy >< he was much easier in the first castlevania for me

since i am making this big post i wanted to ask does any one know if there is a chat room for this web site? i am just curious
Lord have mercy

#6 User is offline   The Successor 

• One of the Seven Heroes.
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSouthern California - Former Room

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Welcome to the forum. It's really nice having you. I think you did just fine introducing yourself. It looks like you really like the hedge maze. That is one of my favorite moments from any Castlevania game!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

i remember the first time i got chased by the chainsaw zombie. i dropped the controller and ran around the house >.> totally embarrassing thinking back to my 7 year old self.

but yes now i love the maze in both of the games ^^
Lord have mercy

#8 User is offline   The Successor 

• One of the Seven Heroes.
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSouthern California - Former Room

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

How do you like Dracula X Chronicles compared to Legacy of Darkness? I know they're quite a bit different, but which one do you prefer?
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

hm that is a good question! i am not sure if i should answer it or could answer it fairly yet :x

they feel like completely different games so far. i have finished castlevania 64 but not legacy of darkness yet. i am stuck on the art tower >.> (i am a noob)

rondo of blood feels a lot like the first castlevania. i think i am equally close to the end in both of those. i really like the music in rondo of blood. i downloaded the ost off this website by the way.

opposing bloodlines and bloody tears <3

i might end up liking them equally. but to be fair i played castlevania 64 first so even with its annoying camera and unfinished version of legacy of darkness feeling it will probably always be my favourite.

hm.. i am having so much fun with rondo of blood right now i am not sure i can choose >< both games have a really gothic setting that i like. the ghost ship in legacy of darkness was soo creepy to 7 year old me.

i might have to actually choose later when i finish both of them. but i have a feeling it might be a tie >< i feel like legacy of darkness has more of a living feeling to it. but it might just be because it is 3d.

long post is long.
Lord have mercy

#10 User is offline   Raven-kun 

• Vampire Hunter
  • Location暗い海の底・・・

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Oh, I'm right there with you! Castlevania 64 was my first Castlevania game and I have such nostalgic memories of everything about that game... Frankensaw and those vicious dogs always got to me, they really freaked me out the first couple times I played through that game!

The Tower of Art was really beautiful, I especially like their arrangement of the song "The Old Sinking Sanctuary", which is one of my favorite Castlevania pieces to date~ I could listen to that for hours, especially the Tower of Art version! A lot of people were really turned off of the N64 Castlevania games because of the jump mechanics and I think that was a big part of what makes the Tower of Art so difficult, especially that massive chandelier that swings across your tightrope path... I really enjoyed the new levels through~ And the bosses... Yeah, pretty much the whole game =-D

As for the older Castlevania games... There was a hilarious review I saw that said the thing that made Castlevania games difficult wasn't necessarily the enemies, but that you jump backwards when they hit you and more often than not, there is nothing under you and something as simple as a Medusa Head turns into a one-hit-kill. <--- Check 5:00
悲しみが君だけをxxxxBLUEに変えた・・・

#11 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

omg i <3 angry video game nerd. i do not agree with his view on castlevania 64 but i still really like him.

what i noticed about rondo of blood so far is that does not seem to happen as much. you still jump back but most of the stairs or a lot of the pits have bottoms.

this is true though why castlevania 1 is so hard for me. the stairs at the beginning of stage 5 are murder >>

my parents do not really like me watching his videos but i er.. i do it anyway :x

i actually sort of finished rondo of blood last night. dracula was pretty easy but i am sure i got the bad ending because he got away and i did not find any of the captured girls. i think my file says only 20 something percent of the game is finished.

i am really suprized so far at how many different stages you can find and different bosses. it is like they were heading for symphony of the night with it but not completely. i really like the game but oddly i messed around with the original last night and i kind of like the old graphics and music better? i know that sounds weird but anyway

i did start my first game of symphony of the night.. last night =D love the music so far and the back grounds look neat. i only killed the first boss and died once. i forgot about using a shield and potions. will take some time to get used to ^^

soon i hope i can finish legacy of darkness to. i am thinking about making a jehanne plays for youtube but i need to find screen recorders that do not slow down my computer ><
Lord have mercy

#12 User is offline   Raven-kun 

• Vampire Hunter
  • Location暗い海の底・・・

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Finding the girls in Dracula X Chronicles unlocks a lot of good stuff, it's worth going back and finding them if you can~ Plus they even open up new levels and new areas! It's good stuff! =-D

Don't give up on Legacy of Darkness~~ If you beat the Castle Center and the Battle Tower from Castlevania 64, Legacy of Darkness is no problem~ ^___^ The Castle Center from Castlevania 64 is one of the hardest things ever... Especially the room with the gears in the floor... >_<

Symphony of the Night is one of the easier ones just because you can level up and at a certain point you're pretty much invincible~ Just getting the entire castle explored takes time ^___^ And a lot of backtracking, hahahaha

Have you played any of the GBA Castlevania games? Those are pretty fun as well =-D
悲しみが君だけをxxxxBLUEに変えた・・・

#13 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

i played circle of the moon at my sisters house about 2 years ago. i always wanted that game but it is over 100 dollars on amazon >< i remember i got zelda III for my gameboy advance a few years ago and it came with a offer for castlevania circle of the moon. i knew i wanted the game even though i never played castlevania before. i think it was the cover. guess it was longer then a few years o.o probably more like 6 or 7 years ago eeep!

i am looking forward to playing more of rondo of blood ^^ i like how you can pick the stages to play you have already been to. even if i just use it for warming up :x

are the other gba castlevanias good to? i think there was 1 or 2 more after circle of the moon but i forgot >> will have to look it up again
Lord have mercy

#14 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance are awesome! I didn't like Circle of the Moon a whole lot, but I'm glad I got to play it. And you can too!

http://www.chapelofr.../emulation.html

Enjoy! ^^

#15 User is offline   JehanneTheVampireSlayer 

• Cleric

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

oh that is neat ^^ i do not feel so bad about my castlevania video anymore :x did not know how to record it without a emulator >>

i will check out all of them ^^
Lord have mercy

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users