Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: Pleasure to meet you, Chapel of Resonance. I am BelmontClansman. - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pleasure to meet you, Chapel of Resonance. I am BelmontClansman. I've finally decided to sign up!

#1 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Greetings, everyone! I've decided to sign up on the Anti-Chapel forums in order to meet and communicate with as many Castlevania fans as possible.

I am very pleased to have found this place. I've been reading about Castlevania on here for a few months now, and I am sure I will enjoy the Chapel even more by partaking in discussions with its members.

My name is Gabriel. You can call me "Gab", "Gabe", or just "Gabriel" (I really like my name). I am an ardent admirer of Castlevania, and I often find myself thinking about those wonderful games.

I enjoy making dancing videos on YouTube. I suppose that it is my outstanding hobby. You can watch them here. --> http://www.youtube.c.../CookieClansman

Aside from that, I like watching movies and playing video games. I might get into fan fiction at a later date.

I do not remember the figurative path I walked on, but I am glad that it has led me here.

Pleasure to meet you, Chapel of Resonance.

#2 User is offline   thernz 

• 😏

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

Are you Gabriel Belmont? It's so nice to finally meet you again. It's me, Satan.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Antique Table 

• Putting some furniture
  • Group: Banned
  • LocationK'ass-u-gay-ama High

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

but thernz peklo is satan
named after his empire
the coldness of blashyrkh is just a ploy

welcome to resonancia, gabriel goblin. don't short circuit over peklo's grim aura.

SenileSnake said:

'Lords of Shadow: Special Thanks to: NOT THE CHAPEL OF RESONANCE'

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

A pleasure to meet you as well! ^__^
We have kind of an in-joke with some of the members here who call Gabriel Belmont "Gabriel/Gabby Goblin" because of how he can just grab and crush goblins and mandragoras in his hands.

And Satan, you're a yellow coward!
Lotus Petal: October 21, 2007- April 12, 2012

#5 User is offline   Antique Table 

• Putting some furniture
  • Group: Banned
  • LocationK'ass-u-gay-ama High

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

you don't lie to newcomers sista

SenileSnake said:

'Lords of Shadow: Special Thanks to: NOT THE CHAPEL OF RESONANCE'

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

View Postthernz, on 09 February 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Are you Gabriel Belmont? It's so nice to finally meet you again. It's me, Satan.

I am not Gabriel Belmont, but I was very thrilled when they decided to call a Castlevania character "Gabriel". =D

View PostAntique Table, on 09 February 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

but thernz peklo is satan
named after his empire
the coldness of blashyrkh is just a ploy

welcome to resonancia, gabriel goblin. don't short circuit over peklo's grim aura.

Thank you! I don't think I will short-circuit over a grim aura, but thanks for the concern. ^^
Unfortunately, I didn't get the reference of what you were referring to.

View PostLotus Petal, on 09 February 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

A pleasure to meet you as well! ^__^
We have kind of an in-joke with some of the members here who call Gabriel Belmont "Gabriel/Gabby Goblin" because of how he can just grab and crush goblins and mandragoras in his hands.

And Satan, you're a yellow coward!

Hah! I prefer to grab the Goblins, then ignite their grenades and let them run around until they blow up. I was very amused when I learned that trick. ^^

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to discussing Castlevania (or anything else, really) with you folks! ^^

#7 User is offline   The Successor 

• One of the Seven Heroes.
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSouthern California - Former Room

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Welcome. I hope to see you around often!
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Frankie 

• ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!
  • LocationIn that confession room in SOTN. I am the one who tries to murder you.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi there, Gab, hope you'll enjoy yourself here, if you want great discussions and heated debates, you won't be disappointed :D
My favourite color is punching things in the face.

#9 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostAntique Table, on 10 February 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

you don't lie to newcomers sista

Don't make me expose the hidden truths of Grim Synergy, Table.

#10 User is offline   V Gaibon 

• VAMPIRE KILLER
  • LocationDragon Memories

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I hope I don't sound rude, but what kind of name is BelmontClansman? Surely you're not obligated to make a Castlevania-related name for a Castlevania-related forum. And since it's a forum, wouldn't you rather present your individuality as a differentiable character?

I also notice how it's people with such forgettable names that don't stick around for very long.

Themed usernames are so dumb! :rolleyes:

#11 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

I hope that I will post often, and that my shyness won't put me under the impression that I am butting in on discussions. >_<
That being said, I apologize in advance if I hold back.

Thank you, Frankie! I very much look forward to it! ^^

Ah, don't worry about it. I didn't feel obligated to have a Castlevania-related name for this, V Gaibon. I just think that the Belmont clan is very interesting.
A differentiable character? Like a weird masked guy doing a Russian dance in his backyard? I don't see too many people doing that.

Yikes! Give me a chance, please. =S This is my introduction, after all.
Whether my time here will be measured in years or only a few days, I do not know. I just hope that I will be able to enjoy myself here, and with all of you.

Ah-HA! I will tell you what kind of name "BelmontClansman" is.
It is a name used to commemorate the Belmont clan, in honor of their bravery, their strength, their resolve, and their ability to emerge as victors in various difficult situations.

For a Belmont, traveling a cursed land while being cursed himself, fighting hordes of monsters, figuring out a way to get past obstacles to get further on his terrifying journey just so he can revive his clan's arch enemy to slay him again in order to free the land, the people, and himself from the curse is a task that is lesser than the bravery, the strength, the resolve, and the ability that lies within a Belmont.

I'm glad you asked, and I'm glad I could come up with an answer.

#12 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostBelmontClansman, on 11 February 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

I hope that I will post often, and that my shyness won't put me under the impression that I am butting in on discussions. >_<
That being said, I apologize in advance if I hold back.

Thank you, Frankie! I very much look forward to it! ^^

Ah, don't worry about it. I didn't feel obligated to have a Castlevania-related name for this, V Gaibon. I just think that the Belmont clan is very interesting.
A differentiable character? Like a weird masked guy doing a Russian dance in his backyard? I don't see too many people doing that.

Yikes! Give me a chance, please. =S This is my introduction, after all.
Whether my time here will be measured in years or only a few days, I do not know. I just hope that I will be able to enjoy myself here, and with all of you.

Ah-HA! I will tell you what kind of name "BelmontClansman" is.
It is a name used to commemorate the Belmont clan, in honor of their bravery, their strength, their resolve, and their ability to emerge as victors in various difficult situations.

For a Belmont, traveling a cursed land while being cursed himself, fighting hordes of monsters, figuring out a way to get past obstacles to get further on his terrifying journey just so he can revive his clan's arch enemy to slay him again in order to free the land, the people, and himself from the curse is a task that is lesser than the bravery, the strength, the resolve, and the ability that lies within a Belmont.

I'm glad you asked, and I'm glad I could come up with an answer.

V Gaibon is one of our most out there creative members here and he and his friend Z Slogra (both Gaibon and Slogra are monsters in Castlevania, BTW) have come up with some pretty creative things like "The Coffin Game", where you play as a coffin trying to avoid other coffins, as well as a hack of Fire Emblem (but I don't know if they'll ever release that.)

Where is Z Slogra, anyway? I miss him :(

I think "BelmontClansman" is a fine name. ^_~ b

#13 User is offline   V Gaibon 

• VAMPIRE KILLER
  • LocationDragon Memories

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

It's nice to know what others think about me... =P

Where is Z Slogra, anyway? I miss him :(

I'm guessing this is permission to derail the thread then?

He just stopped going here; I guess he really just doesn't care about internet forums and the like.

If you're interested, he's very much into developing exceedingly solid gameplay designs. The coffin game was an old attempt he made in GameMaker, though I've played it recently and the gameplay portion (not anything else, incidentally) is still surprisingly pretty solid. There are a lot of ridiculous gameplay elements that typically aren't considered good game design, such as using precise hitboxes for platforming -- your coffin has to literally cling on the the coffin-ledge with one of its corners -- and stuff like that. On top of it all, it's the kind of game that doesn't let you beat it without much struggle, and for a game that appears to be such a minute effort, no one really takes it seriously.

On the FE hack: hacking games is a droll, unrewarding process. We've had a bunch of great ideas for it (and maybe a couple lame ones?) and Sacred Stones seemed like it'd mesh so well with Castlevania, that it seemed like the best idea for a FE hack. It'd also probably be easier if we hadn't planned to change practically everything about it. The enemy placement for the levels was a considerable amount of trouble, and Slogra wanted to make the levels more polished than they usually are in the original FE games, (though in the case of Sacred Stones that's kind of an understatement). Ultimately, hacking just sucks and we stopped bothering with it. =(

We're working on an original 2D game now, I'll probably show it here once it's shiny enough. =)

#14 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostV Gaibon, on 12 February 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

It's nice to know what others think about me... =P

I'm guessing this is permission to derail the thread then?

He just stopped going here; I guess he really just doesn't care about internet forums and the like.

If you're interested, he's very much into developing exceedingly solid gameplay designs. The coffin game was an old attempt he made in GameMaker, though I've played it recently and the gameplay portion (not anything else, incidentally) is still surprisingly pretty solid. There are a lot of ridiculous gameplay elements that typically aren't considered good game design, such as using precise hitboxes for platforming -- your coffin has to literally cling on the the coffin-ledge with one of its corners -- and stuff like that. On top of it all, it's the kind of game that doesn't let you beat it without much struggle, and for a game that appears to be such a minute effort, no one really takes it seriously.

On the FE hack: hacking games is a droll, unrewarding process. We've had a bunch of great ideas for it (and maybe a couple lame ones?) and Sacred Stones seemed like it'd mesh so well with Castlevania, that it seemed like the best idea for a FE hack. It'd also probably be easier if we hadn't planned to change practically everything about it. The enemy placement for the levels was a considerable amount of trouble, and Slogra wanted to make the levels more polished than they usually are in the original FE games, (though in the case of Sacred Stones that's kind of an understatement). Ultimately, hacking just sucks and we stopped bothering with it. =(

We're working on an original 2D game now, I'll probably show it here once it's shiny enough. =)

I actually wasn't intending to "derail the thread", but rather wanted to playfully point out the irony of you saying to him that it was stupid to have a Castlevania themed name, because I figured you were just teasing in good fun, and then was just wondering aloud where Z Slogra was. At any rate, it's good to know what happened to him. (Go ahead and bump the "I miss the old members" thread, if you like. No "necroposting" punishment from me. I promise! ^_^)

#15 User is offline   BelmontClansman 

• Cleric
  • LocationMarble Gallery

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostLotus Petal, on 12 February 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

...(both Gaibon and Slogra are monsters in Castlevania, BTW)...

He he. I know who Slogra and Gaibon are. I've clobbered them plenty of times in Super Castlevania 4 and SoTN. ^_~
But that's why I said "I didn't feel obligated to have a Castlevania-related name for this, V Gaibon."
I was also pointing out that he was also using a Castlevania-themed name. ;)
Don't worry, I didn't take any offense from it, and I am sure there was none intended. ^^

View PostLotus Petal, on 12 February 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

I think "BelmontClansman" is a fine name. ^_~ b

Thanks! ^_^ I also like your name!

This is fun so far. =)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users