Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: Welcome back Chapel! - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome back Chapel!

#1 User is offline   Nox_A15 

• CastleKeeper
  • Group: Members
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

I know, I drop by once in a while and never really was a part of the forum's family, but it was really a nice surprise for me today, that Chapel is officially back and well. Good to see you all back. The Successor - I was astonished with your decision to stop working on the site back in the day. That's ok with your feelings towards Konami's present actions, but you have a really great group of people here, who would manage to care for things with ease.

I don't agree with you on Lords of Shadow topic though. In my opinion this game is a huge step to better future of the series. I don't mean that the game itself is what Castlevania always should has been, that's not the point (but it's wonderful nevertheless). It's just the chance for the stiff series to freshen a lot, with new vision, new talented artists and a lot of new fans. For me that was a turning point in Castlevania's history. But we don't need to agree on that of course.

You built one of the biggest Castlevania fansites with great and talented editorial staff. Don't screw that up, ok? :) Once again - it's good to see you all back!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SenileSnake 

• The Bloat Thrower

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm glad people are returning to the Chapel, but please refrain from thinking that some members dislike Lords on some sort of principle. They have their reasons for not liking it, just as you have your reasons for liking it, but they don't feel the need to end every statement with "IMO" and "IMHO"- and they shouldn't have to.

also we'll ban you if you think otherwise...
PROTIP: There's a hidden scene in the "Join the Forum" Flash animation at Chapel's main page. Also Konami Code! Have fun finding it!

i don't know if it was the best, but it was certainly memorable, like cloud and his buster sword

#3 User is offline   The Successor 

• One of the Seven Heroes.
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSouthern California - Former Room

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

Welcome back to you as well.

I'm glad you appreciate the site, and I respect your opinion about Lords of Shadow. I was never one to try to force my way of thinking on others. I look forward to hearing more from you around the forum.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

A hearty welcome back, Nox! Glad to see you too :)

There's no need to feel isolated/excluded if you like Lords of Shadow, you're not the only one here who likes the game. If someone is being a NAGGER to you because of your opinion, just know that others here are pretty chill about it and Alis can always wield the banhammer if someone doesn't get the hint and has to bring in the drama llama to our stable.

I may not like Lords of Shadow myself, but that is a sweet avy/sig combo you have there, BTW :)
Lotus Petal: October 21, 2007- April 12, 2012

#5 User is offline   DraculaCronqvist 

• Holy Knight

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hello there and welcome back! ^^

Boy, it sure has been a looooooong time... Glad to see the Chapel is finally back!

#6 User is offline   Gunlord 

• VAMPIRE KILLER

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

*hugs Nox happily* Yay :D
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot."

#7 User is offline   Nox_A15 

• CastleKeeper
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

Thanks everyone! :)

View PostLotus Petal, on 07 November 2011 - 11:15 PM, said:

There's no need to feel isolated/excluded if you like Lords of Shadow, you're not the only one here who likes the game. If someone is being a NAGGER to you because of your opinion, just know that others here are pretty chill about it and Alis can always wield the banhammer if someone doesn't get the hint and has to bring in the drama llama to our stable.

It's not that I feel isolated, but last time I was visiting regularly Chapel and Dungeon there was a giant mess about upcoming Lords of Shadow, with so many negative opinions around, so I remembered it that way. But you must admit that non other Castlevania ever has awakened so many emotions and speculations before its release date, hasn't it? :)

View PostLotus Petal, on 07 November 2011 - 11:15 PM, said:

I may not like Lords of Shadow myself, but that is a sweet avy/sig combo you have there, BTW :)

Thanks! :D

O, one more funny thing came to my mind - is this joke about me being Dave Cox still flying around? :D
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Peklo 

• blrrtskkfförrfff
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

I don't know. What do you think, David?

#9 User is offline   The Successor 

• One of the Seven Heroes.
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationSouthern California - Former Room

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

Just to throw it out there, Dave Cox did/does have multiple accounts here. If my memory is correct, one is Coxxy or something, and the other is DMC. I think he only used the DMC account once or twice. I'm not implying anything with that, though. : p
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Peklo 

• blrrtskkfförrfff
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

He used "Coxee" to interact with us, such as it was, like answering that little questionnaire. Pretty hilarious he had alts.

#11 User is offline   SemiAnonymous 

• He who is Somewhat Anonymous
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

wait

David Cox had alts? Thats fucking hilarious
Posted Image

His Bloody Mary is to die for. Just ask Mary. Also thanks to CyberDragon10k for actually, y'know, making it

#12 User is offline   beingthehero 

• DARK LORD CANDIDATE
  • Group: Banned
  • LocationNilbog

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

It honestly could be because he forgot his other password and decided to make another account. I've had to do that myself too often. ;_;

#13 User is offline   Gunlord 

• VAMPIRE KILLER

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

I thought Nox was Dave Cox for a second after reading those posts o,o
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot."

#14 User is offline   Nox_A15 

• CastleKeeper
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostSemiAnonymous, on 30 November 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

David Cox had alts? Thats fucking hilarious

I remember him posting here, but also didn't know about alts. It's hard to be the person everyone wants something from, I guess. :D

Funny fact - do you remember this photo with Robert Carlyle doing voice over to LoS, with papers labelled as "confidential" laying in front of him? Dave Cox published it, if I recollect correctly, on his Twitter. I asked him about "confidential" stuff, he thanked me for pointing that out and deleted image. After that there was a little mess about me not willing to share the photo (which I still have... somewhere xD) on Chapel and Dungeon. Well, funny part is that this photo was used again after some time... on one of the official LoS sites (I was just looking for it and it was probably this one - http://www.konami-castlevania.com - looks dead for now).
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

View PostNox_A15, on 06 December 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

I remember him posting here, but also didn't know about alts. It's hard to be the person everyone wants something from, I guess. :D

Funny fact - do you remember this photo with Robert Carlyle doing voice over to LoS, with papers labelled as "confidential" laying in front of him? Dave Cox published it, if I recollect correctly, on his Twitter. I asked him about "confidential" stuff, he thanked me for pointing that out and deleted image. After that there was a little mess about me not willing to share the photo (which I still have... somewhere xD) on Chapel and Dungeon. Well, funny part is that this photo was used again after some time... on one of the official LoS sites (I was just looking for it and it was probably this one - http://www.konami-castlevania.com - looks dead for now).

They quickly saw your post and killed the site "for maintenance" for now, I'm guessing ;)
Lotus Petal: October 21, 2007- April 12, 2012

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users