Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel: I miss the old chapel people - Castlevania Forum - Anti-Chapel

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I miss the old chapel people

#16 User is offline   Ahriman 

• Reap the whirlwind.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

I genuinely miss kupo, specially his story explaining to me how he felt about archers and chemists, primarily their differences, in Final Fantasy Tactics and why I will never understand gaming to the purest and most honorable extent. And I'm not saying that with any of my more sarcastic--understandably though that it may seem so--intent; kupo always had a way with words that made me smile. Though I'm not sure how that may sound given my attendance here isn't very noticeable.
The Reasonable Demon's Souls. Not to be mistaken with the True Demon's Souls.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   CyberDragon10K 

• "Unflappable."
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

View Postchrisy05, on 02 October 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

I definitely miss Merc and his sage-like presence. I'd like to see Klay return too. He wasn't one to post often, but he always had something insightful to say whenever he did. That goes for Merc too.

And of course Evil Tim, though, I guess he's never coming back. EVER.

View PostNightmare, on 02 October 2011 - 02:28 AM, said:

Evil Tim actually did show up a few times when the Chapel was closed down. He said that he longed to be where the "awesome people" are, so he might come back again.

As far as I'm concerned, Evil Tim is the only one who should have Renon as his avatar. I identify that hatted salesdemon with him so much it's uncanny. :o

It'd be nice to see Conn-kun in all his furry love and Mercurius sage wisdom again, and warfreak too, if only for the added estrogen in this forum of old sausages. :x

Serio I can talk to whenever I want, so no biggie there. >_>

"Ignoring Lords of Shadow discussion until I've played and finished it for myself. And I have.
The game's bad, by the way."

#18 User is offline   mpj12345 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Well Evil Tim is on youtube (under the moniker of cruelestchris). I believe he's still planning on doing a lords of shadow lp at some point, in typical evil tim/ valve time fashion.

#19 User is offline   Peklo 

• blrrtskkfförrfff
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

I mostly miss Marto and DoctaMario, for the reason that I'd often disagree with them on any given topic. Discussion, see. Also, they were good people.

Klatry was asking me about the Chapel some months ago; perhaps a heads-up is in order.

#20 User is offline   Gunlord 

• VAMPIRE KILLER

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

GUNLORD HAS RETURNED!!!

*gives everybody a hug*
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot."

#21 User is offline   esco 

• Cleric
  • Group: Banned
  • LocationA condo in Maitland, FL

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Let's see now: a forum is thrown on hiatus for months, and months, with no indefinite return date and little to no notice at all to the members.

Then on several occasions, posts are made stating that the forum will be back soon...... but again more months go by and nothing happens.

Then when the forum is FINALLY reopened, it is reopened with all of the OLD POSTS GONE!?

..........and now some of you think that this is a good thing and are astonished that more people aren't here!? O_o

BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

People, this isn't an exclusive club: it's one of a BILLION forums on the internet. Good on you Successor for taking the time to try to make the place better, but sorry to tell you man, you did it in the worst possible manner. Which I mentioned to you when you first made your move, and you just laughed.

On a side note, no need for any of you to respond to me telling me what a dick I am for saying the obvious (though someone will): I already know it and don't care. ;) But no need to worry; I'll put up a generic thread to my hack in the fan projects forum, that will let people know when I have updated it. Just so the few people here who also have an interest in it will know about it and don't feel neglected. But other than that, I won't be around here.

Have a nice day. :)
Esco.... the original Nuyorican and creator of the CASTLEVANIA: SOTN HACKED project!

Link to the Hack: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

#22 User is offline   beingthehero 

• DARK LORD CANDIDATE
  • LocationNilbog

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

I think when they say they like it when it's smaller is because there's a greater sense of community, and that includes new members. As forums get bigger, new people can sometimes feels excluded. It happens, and it is a little intimidating when it comes to try to fit in with a large group with an established leadership that you're not familiar with. It's an inevitable march, but hey, enjoy the moment while it lasts.

#23 User is offline   Gunlord 

• VAMPIRE KILLER

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I do wish all the old posts were still up--I had some fun topics and stuff that I'd like to revisit. Still, after such a long time, I can see why Successor-sama chose to baleet all of it. Having a new start on things might be coo. u_u
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot."

#24 User is offline   Alis Landale 

• Anti-Chapel Queen.
  • Group: Lady of the Chapel
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

esco,

No Flame baiting.
Flame baiting is the act of intentionally (or even unintentionally) posting to upset other members in hopes of goading them into a hostile dispute. Examples of flame baiting are posting just to say how much you don’t like this forum, or incessant bashing of a game, character, developer, website, and etcetera.

If I see this type of behavior from you again, I'm going to take the liberty of banning you from the forum. I don't feel like dealing with your negative energy around here.

Welcome back Gunlord and Ahriman. It's really nice to see you both again ^__^

#25 User is offline   Lotus Petal 

• DEVIL FORGEMASTER

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

I'm glad to see more of the original people here, and even some new faces like Curses. Even Emerson Darkness dropped by to give a post or two. :) Wonder where Hylian Beauty went? I don't see Florina or Mistress Alucard either. I hope they come back too. (though in Florina's case, she's a mod on another forum so she's probably going to be pretty busy):(
Lotus Petal: October 21, 2007- April 12, 2012

#26 User is offline   Manfredo 

• intense training to surpass regular werewolf power
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

Just so the few people here who also have an interest in it will know about it and don't feel neglected. But other than that, I won't be around here.

I couldn't be more apathetic.

#27 User is offline   SemiAnonymous 

• He who is Somewhat Anonymous
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

I sent a message to evil tim begging him to come back. I always got so excited when I saw his posts~
Posted Image

His Bloody Mary is to die for. Just ask Mary. Also thanks to CyberDragon10k for actually, y'know, making it

#28 User is offline   SonofDracula 

• Peasant

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

View Postesco, on 02 October 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

Let's see now: a forum is thrown on hiatus for months, and months, with no indefinite return date and little to no notice at all to the members.

Then on several occasions, posts are made stating that the forum will be back soon...... but again more months go by and nothing happens.

Then when the forum is FINALLY reopened, it is reopened with all of the OLD POSTS GONE!?

..........and now some of you think that this is a good thing and are astonished that more people aren't here!? O_o

BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

People, this isn't an exclusive club: it's one of a BILLION forums on the internet. Good on you Successor for taking the time to try to make the place better, but sorry to tell you man, you did it in the worst possible manner. Which I mentioned to you when you first made your move, and you just laughed.

On a side note, no need for any of you to respond to me telling me what a dick I am for saying the obvious (though someone will): I already know it and don't care. ;) But no need to worry; I'll put up a generic thread to my hack in the fan projects forum, that will let people know when I have updated it. Just so the few people here who also have an interest in it will know about it and don't feel neglected. But other than that, I won't be around here.

Have a nice day. :)

I agree with you 100%

They have closed and reopened this forum so many times over the past few years, I don't see why the people bother coming back because its probably just going to close again. The fact that the moderator threatened to ban you for this post tells me that they more than likely agree with your comments, but dont want others to join in.

#29 User is offline   beingthehero 

• DARK LORD CANDIDATE
  • LocationNilbog

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Why are you idiots dumbing up my thread with your dumb?

#30 User is offline   True Sorrow 

• DARK LORD CANDIDATE
  • LocationThe outskirts of the Atlantic Ocean

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

Man, I agree wholeheartedly here. There really have been some wonderful people that don't seem to come around any longer that could make this place even greater than it is (I'm looking at you Conn). But at the same time, there still are some wonderful people here already (Gunloard and Ahridude coming after this topic was made was a pleasant surprees!)

I also agree that the smaller scale does enhance a sense of a close-knit community, for as short a time as that may last. Deleting all the old history actually kind of increases that feeling--having just a couple of topics here and there make it feel so fresh and wonderful, even if we may have some emotional attachment to the old days of yore.

So yay for newness and community and whatnot!

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users